Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy St. Patty's Day

The sneaky little leprechaun came to our house and turned our toilets green! Mackenzie thought it was funny and wondered what else he had done. Unfortunately with being gone I didn't have anything else planned. She was a little disappointed. Next year I guess I better do better. Brooklyn was confused, partly because she had just woken up and Mackenzie drug her into the bathroon to show her before she left for school.


I was told to make a green lunch. Mackenzie thought it was funny when she opened it. Doesn't it just look appetizing! ( I know it doesn't look like I feed my kid but she doesn't eat much at lunch. She is too worried about having time to play at recess or she is talking.)

Of course we had a green breakfast with green eggs on a green plate and green forks (just Brooklyn) and green juice. Yum! The girls weren't too sure about it but they ate it anyway.
I had not gotten Brooklyn dressed in her green before Mackenzie had to leave for school but Mackenzie insisted we take their picture. I love the smile, if you want to call it that, on Brooklyn's face. I crack up every time I see it.

We had a fun day and even Brandon wore green to work! What other fun things did you do for St. Patrick's Day? I would love other fun ideas for next year.

1 comment:

  1. For dinner I make green pancakes and the rest of breakfast that can be turned green. But the kids refuse to eat it and I taste the food coloring and won't eat it... I kind of quit doing it. So I guess I'm not much help, but I love what you did!

    ReplyDelete